WCC Thursday Night MTB Skills Training
A ride to learn and practice MTB skills. Will consist of skills & drills as well as basic riding at the Hydrocut Glasgow parking lot every Thursday at 6:15
- Wear a helmet that fits well.
- Use flat pedals so you don’t have to worry about clicking in and out, or falling over sideways if you can’t clip out in time! Learning on flats also helps prevent you from learning any bad habits - it forces you to utilize your body weight in the most effective and efficient way.
- Wear protective armor on legs and arms. Shin pads are especially important for this course just in case you slip a pedal and it comes up to ‘bite’ your shin.
- Be sure your bike is in perfect working condition.
- Your saddle shouldn't get in the way too much for these skills, however lowering it a few inches below optimal riding height is certainly more comfortable and even safer so that you have more room and space to move your body around while learning these new movements.
- Pretty much any kind of bike will work for this program, but make sure your brakes are set up correctly.